Saturday, May 16, 2009

farewell and thank you


jimmywrites had its 100th consecutive day of posts yesterday. That milestone was an informal goal I had set for myself, and I am now beginning an indefinitely timed sabbatical from the blog format. I am going to work on some longer form essays and cannot find the time to do that and keep up the blog. I want to thank everyone who has been reading this. A consistent group of readers developed over the short life of jimmy (and squirrel) writes, and I just wanted to let you know what a pleasure it has been for me to write these, especially knowing someone was enjoying them (hopefully you were enjoying them). I think this format is wonderful for photos and short essays, but just not the best way to display longer essays/short stories. So, farewell for now.
Thank you.

BTW - don't worry about squirrel, he'll be fine...with the right medication.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I didnt realize there was an ongoing thing with the squirrel. Gads by now the tale must be huge.
    Anyway I was looking for cute videos, of children, they seem to be rather scarce hearabouts.

    ReplyDelete