Thursday, March 31, 2011

duck, or better yet, run

i brought my car in for repair today. it is past the warranty. so this is an out-of-pocket expense. i hope when they call me tomorrow to tell me how much the repair is going to cost, they will say "sorry, mr. jimmy, but an asteroid hit your car while it was in our parking lot waiting to be diagnosed." and i will say, "did anyone get hurt?" and then i hope they say, "nobody was hurt, but your car is completely covered by both the asteroid and our asteroid strike insurance. Please tell us what kind of brand new free car you would like." I tell myself that no good can come from wishing, but i can't stop. So then I would ask, "can I have the asteroid, too?" and they would say, "sure, it is about the size of a car, made out of 50% jimdandium and 50% gold, it is not dangerously radioactive, and although we could use it, we want you, mr. jimmy, to have it, and a new car, because of the inconvenience we here at honest rod's service center may have caused you." "Gee, thanks." i would say. and i would mean it. right now, i'm searching the night sky for streaks of light. i'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. Got me thinking about the time the astronauts were repairing the space station and a bolt got loose and floated away. Always have wondered whether it was an SAE or a Metric bolt.

    ReplyDelete