Friday, March 25, 2011

expectorating

sometimes a family gets sick. i have a cold, mrs. jimmy has a cold. the little jimmys have colds. it doesn't happen very often that we are all sick. but we are all sick. with colds. it is unpleasant. one of my daughters has a low grade fever, a friend of hers called and was all excited about a dance she was at, that my daughter was missing, and the call was nice, the friend meant to let my daughter know she missed her, but my daughter was sad after the call, and i told her i felt bad for her and was sorry she had to miss the dance, and miss being with her friend, and my daughter looked at me and said, "it's okay, i'm glad i got to be with you today."
i am not bragging about that, i am not a prize to be around, and her statement probably says more about the time i am not around, than the time i am available.
and yet, its nice that every once in awhile something happens that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment