Thursday, March 5, 2015

performance art

No one needs questions.  We all need inspiration.  Meaningful inspiration.
The sun doesn't only shine on one person.
The darkness doesn't envelope only one person.
I cannot love everyone.
I cannot hate everyone.
If I hit you, or a local innocent, with an electric bass guitar I never learned to play, it would not be because I did not like you, or local innocents, or that I had no musical talent.  It might be an expression of the art that lives inside of me, an art that is looking to be expressed, to get out.
Sometimes the art needs to escape the artist.
Sometimes the sun does shine only on me.
Look out.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a rock star long ago who used to smash his guitar on stage after every performance, I don't think he ever hit anyone tho. What was his name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wallyjp, I believe you are referring to Pete Townsend of the Who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, Guess Pete was never satisfied with his performance.and blamed his guitar for it.

    ReplyDelete