Monday, March 12, 2012

I made a black water puddle.

When you take someone off the farm, to work as part of a larger society - with the implication of security, do you enter into a social contract with them, now that you have reduced their ability to effectively be self-sufficient? Would you remember that contract generations later? If this system collapses, and people start being hungry, will the corporation care, will the government care, will God care, enough to feed me, or you? What if the system doesn't collapse, but rather just fails a small percentage of the population. They probably would have suffered and died anyway, right? I'll probably be okay, it is you I worry about. Maybe I should kill you now, I'd hate to see you suffer, and maybe die, or need something from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment